Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Born To Be With The Boys!!


Well I was never much of a "girly, girl" and you will still rarely see me pack a purse. I did always love to play with the "boys" because it was way more adventurous so I guess it is safe to say that I was just born to be with the boys. I have 4 boys now and 2 MORE on the way. Yes, I did say TWO. We are having twins! That is why it has been sparse postings for the summer. I am not much for loving pregnancy since I have every symptom imaginable and it is the quickest weight loss plan ever for me, but with twins, it all seems to have doubled. I am at 22 weeks now and we finally, due to lots of technical difficulties, got our first ultrasound. I had been told by one of our doctors (we have to do a group thing) that I was just having "nice dreams" when I mentioned that I felt strongly that I was having twins so we just had to play a nice hard game of patience for a while. We finally got an ultrasound today. They are strong and healthy and no defects were noted at this time. They are busy movers. One is right down in the pelvis making it hard to walk and feel my legs and the other one is transverse (cross ways) over the top under my ribs, but he is a little more courteous since I don't have a hard time breathing yet. The pictures of one are very definitely BOY. He is not shy and we got a good shot. The other one (the low one) was in a kneeling position and it was hard to see. We are pretty sure it is a boy but there is a very SLIM chance it could be a girl - but we are not good at them so .....don't buy anything girl because the chances are so way not there!! It was a good day! There have been a lot of spiritual miracles going on in our lives since we moved to Kingman. It has been the hardest "season" in our marriage thus far. There has just been one crazy thing after another for about a year and a half now. It is not over and we know it. BUT... Craig and I have not had as many miracles and divine help in our lives in any other "season" either. Yes, we have had them, but they have not been so frequent and strong as now. To be honest, I don't think we would survive without them. There has been so much growth and trial but so much sweetness and personal blessings as well. We are not sure what we are going to do about Craig's schooling since I can hardly walk and most day-to-day tasks are very difficult (think bathing, laundry, and just walking across the room). There is still some nausea but most discomfort is from only being 5 foot 4 and having two babies sitting on every nerve, vein, and artery available. We are excited and overwhelmed but we are trying not to focus on the "overwhelmed" part. We get plenty of "negative feedback" and so we are working hard not to create our own. At the end of the ultrasound, the lower baby flipped right side up for a few minutes (we pretty much watched and felt it all) so that they were both head to head. The ultrasound technician got a really good picture (the one I posted) of both of them in the same shot. Baby A as she called him is the lower one and he is looking at Baby B, the one that is on the top. There are two complete sacks and two placentas. They are NOT identical. I will try to keep you updated as much as I can.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting and nerve racking! Congratulations and hope you find the time to take it easy while you carry those bouncing baby boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOHOO, congats! twins will be fun... right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so excited for you! I had heard you were expecting and what a fun surprise to find out it's twins. Holly's twins are 1 now and so much fun. You have a lot to look forward to. Hope all continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete