School started on the 9th of August. The boys were less than thrilled (though they tried really hard to smile for me). They had a pretty short summer. The Academy didn't get out until after the first week in June and then they started the very beginning of August. This year they were realigning their schedule. They usually don't start until the end of August. Unfortunately, this made them feel like they didn't have much of a summer. It didn't help that I was so very sick and that Craig had to work for 3 solid (every day 13 -14 hour days) weeks in July. We quickly inserted a 3 day family vacation the very end of July to a Phoenix water park just so that we could have a little time. Craig and I, however, needed a shorter summer. We needed the structure of school this year and decided that if any year was going to be a shorter one, that we were grateful that this was the one. Jonathan went to preschool again this year, but since he goes in the afternoon, he did not get in this picture. I have a definite "let sleeping children sleep as long as possible" motto in my house. If you wake a sleeping baby or child, you are in BIG trouble :) Well rested babies and children are so much more happy. Because of this, I didn't realize that I didn't get a picture of him on his first day of school. I will have to take a late one and post it for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment