Friday, May 21, 2010

Life in the Messy Lane!

This is what I woke up to one morning. I would like to say that this is abnormal but it is not. This is almost a daily affair for us. This is Jonathan and he is almost 2 in this picture (now 4). We have been having messes like these from about this day forward. We lock all things of potential mess hazard up like soap, shampoo, toothpaste, powder, peanut butter etc. Luckily we had relaxed quite a bit in our parenting by the time Jonathan arrived and actually have enough sense of humor to grab a camera most times. When asked what he wanted for Christmas this year, Jonathan replied in a dreamy sort or way, "soap, shampoo, ooh..... bubbles". He was totally serious. It is not that the poor kid doesn't have any toys because as our realtor put it, "you live at Toys-R-Us". We have tons - 4 kids worth and enough for all the play dates. All that I can say is that he would make a cute poster boy for Peter Pan Peanut Butter. It is almost like lotion. I need to download some more pictures but I have to find them. What brought this picture to my memory is that today we were doing some State Report projects with Adam and Michael and so we sent Jonathan and Ethan out to play. Yeah there was a hose out there but a little water isn't too bad until......you mix it with sidewalk chalk and paint yourself and the patio and stain the whole of it ORANGE. Yep the blond hair was orange and the face and feet. It took quite a while of scrubbing to get most of it out. So much for washable!! I know I have a picture of that. I think I have one of the 2" of bath gel that Jonathan filled his dad's church shoes with and the lotion he lotioned his bedspread with and the powder all over the carpet. I just have to find them. The powder reminded me of the Fresh Step Kitty litter commercial in that there was a little puff of white every time you stepped on the carpet and it smelled so......"baby soft" for quite a few vacuums. Since you all know now what I spend a LOT of time doing in my life.... you can all laugh next time your little one does it, grab a camera, and call for sympathy.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you talked about things like this so we all can relate. I think that I am just now getting to the "grab a camera" part instead of just going mad.

    ReplyDelete