We just started school this week, hence the update in forever. I will get more pictures soon, but I wanted to write this before I forgot. My bigger boys are typical boys but they really LOVE their baby brothers. All of them are a BIG help. Michael, being ever so thoughtful, said to me a couple days before school started, "Mom, how will you ever get a bath with all of us in school? Who will watch the babies?" I laughed and assured him that I would figure it out. Well the first day I finally got a bath at 2 p.m. and the second day I got one at 12 noon and only because Craig was home from school then. Today.... well it is 9:30 and I am all exercised and showered. So, I am making improvements, but Michael is very right. It is a big adjustment. The babies are struggling with it because I am just not as exciting as 4 rambuctious brothers and playtime with mom is fun but she has so much to do. (That same son said this morning, "Mom, I have no pants clean!") Colton and James can't wait for the weekend. As for mom, she is enjoying a small amount of peace and quiet. Adam is adjusting well to Middle School - cross our fingers - and Jonathan loves riding the bus and going to kindergarten. All seems well. I hate homework, though. We have hours of homework!! Uck. We really do have a life! We only have 4 day school days which means we get on the bus at 7 and get off at 5. It is a really long day so even a bit of homework means that anything else puts us to bed late (think FHE, scouts, and piano). I hate it and as a parent, I think homework should be outlawed! I am sure my kids would agree. It just seems like the least important thing in our evening.
Here is a picture of my Mom and Step-dad John with all my crew and Alexis' little one, Christopher. I have seen my mom more this year than ever and I am so grateful for their help. They came out for Spring Break to help me survive the chaos. It was great to see them. We wore them out!! They had to go home to rest.
Well, I just feel better knowing that another mother (and one as great as you) has her moments of utter chaos. I have had such a hard time adjusting to having 4 little boys and am really amazed, AMAZED, at how you have 5 boys with twins in the mix. And you even exercise and shower. Kudos to you! The homework thing is hard. I remember thinking the amount of homework my boys brought home was crazy. Just makes the evenings go by in a rush. Oh well...take care and hope you and your little ones swing into a nice routine.
ReplyDelete