Thursday, February 3, 2011

Life in Babyland.

Life at our house has been turned upside down. It is amazing how ones so small can make such major chaos out of everything. The four older boys are doing wonderfully well with their new little brothers and they even fight over who gets to hold them next. Even Jonathan is very good at sticking in binkies and rocking bouncy chairs. Colic is taking it's toll on mom some days since comforting two screaming babies is a lot more labor intensive around the clock than just comforting one. She is lucky to ever get 2-3 hours in a row, day or night. All of our babies have been colicky-some way worse than others. Hopefully this round will be short lived. We have learned a few things along the way - those peanut butter cups are just not worth it!! Our babies always start out lactose intolerant as well so that means no dairy products for mom. That is so hard since she is a dairy lover. It is amazing how much cheese is in the American diet. Everything tastes better with cheese and oh how I miss it.

When one baby wakes to eat, we wake the other one so that they are on the same schedule. It seems to be working so far. We are going to bless them on the 6th of March. They are growing so fast and hopefully I will have time to post some pictures in the next couple of weeks, especially the one of the bigger boys sticking Nerf darts on James' forehead and telling him that he has been "got". I couldn't help but laugh. That is what happens when you are the youngest. James was just happy to be part of the gang. He didn't mind a bit. Gotta go. My two minutes has expired!!

1 comment:

  1. Cherry! I ran across your blog when I was looking at the Burgess'. I hope you are doing well. Congrats on your new additions!! You are a wonderful mom.

    ReplyDelete